Friday, November 19, 2010

It's Easy being Green.

I'm having a love affair with green. Leafy, limey, stem green. Not neon, not sage, not pistachio...but, a happy, vibrant green with the slightest tinge of yellow to it.
I design rooms in my head all the time. I can't help it. Walking through the home accessory department of a store like TJMaxx, just one item will trigger it. Bam.
Then, out of the corner of my eye I'll spot something that coordinates with the first item and...BAM, again. Just designed an entire room in my head.
But, my point: green. A relaxing, yet lively color. The color of grass, leaves...life.
Let's take look at lime...
This paint by Sherwin Williams is called Lime Rickey #6717. Yum.
And look at these fresh items I gathered up:
This Sevilla comforter set by Dwellstudio for Target is divine....
Coordinating Green Melon lamp and Carson Anywhere desk are also from Target.
The finishing touch???? You guessed it....
This room wouldn't It be complete without an utterly fabulous, drippy, limeade colored chandelier! Perfection. The end. 


*I fibbed. I just decided the next room I redo will feature this lively shade. Not sure when that might be, but, knowing me? Stay tuned! Ok, now it's really the end. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment