Monday, December 20, 2010

Musical Monday...

Personally, I adore Christmas music. ADORE. In fact, I'll admit, it could be the dog days of summer and I might pop on a little Ella's Jingle Bells, just for giggles. Makes me happy, pure and simple. 
Probably much like you, music is an enormous part of my life. As a "former" singer, music is just naturally in my DNA. I can't *not* sing or be moved by a melody. Music is...well, music is chandelierious!
This being Christmas week, I would love to share some holiday music I find particularly inspires jolliness. 
My all time favorite is Ella Wishes You a Swinging Christmas. Her jazz infused renditions of the classics leave you tapping your foot and wishing you could scat.



Another favorite is by the dreamy (sigh) and charming Harry Connick Jr.




Darlene Love and The Ronette's retro "wall of sound" tunes will get you in the holiday spirit, too.




Who doesn't love the Muppets? We all know I do! John Denver and the Muppets is a holiday must."Five Gold Rings, Bah dum bum bum" ala Miss Piggy, is a classic.




Last, but not least, there is nothing, I repeat nothing more likely to make you get up and dance at Christmas than this album you've probably never even heard of. Just please trust me on this one. It will turn your quiet Christmas dinner into a disco! Salsoul Orchestra, aka "Disco Christmas."




Go get your holiday tunes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment