Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Do You Believe in Ghosts?

Ellie just rediscovered her love for the movie "Ghostbusters." (And, really, who shouldn't rediscover "Ghostbusters"? It's awesome. Go ahead and re-watch it. You won't be sorry.)
But, I'm off track. That's not the point of today's Ghost post. I have another ghost to share...
The Ghost Chair. Sigh.




Also called the Louis chair, it was originally designed by Phillipe Stark for Kartell.  Clean, clear, stackable and virtually indestructible. It takes up almost no visual space and has an ethereal  look to it that is both modern and classic at the same time. I am slightly obsessed with these and their variations. Arms or no arms. Crystal clear or different translucent shades. They even come in opaque black, white, red, green...any color you can fathom, really.





Oh, how I would love to place these around my dining table. Maybe someday. In the meantime, you can find them online with prices ranging from $100 and up.

My love affair with this clean, acrylic style has extended to other furniture, as well. I recently bought a set of lucite nesting tables. The ones I found are delightfully vintage, circa 1960's, but you can find similar ones at CB2 or Overstock.com.


Here is a not so great picture of my tables...and, as a matter of fact, a very similar lamp to the one in the picture above. Mine is from Target. I didn't purposely recreate this photo, I just now discovered this design coincidence. Lovely.


Someday soon (ish) the houndstooth upholstered chair will live in this little corner, as well.
In the meantime... 
Back to "Ghostbusters"....

No comments:

Post a Comment