Saturday, February 11, 2012

Simply, Saturday

I found something on Pinterest last week that I thought was divine.  Check it:




The dresser.
Love. It. 
I love the use as a buffet, yes. And, I have repurposed a bedroom dresser this way before. What I really dig is the paint treatment this was given. I have yet to test the theory, but I *think* this would be really easy to do! Naturally, you would only want to paint a piece of furniture thats finish is wearing thin... that needs a facelift.
What this looks like to me is some carefully placed painter's tape... layered strategically on the wood in a starburst pattern and painted over. After some good curing time, the tape is removed and voila!
I would love to give this a try. If and when I do, it'll be posted here, of course. 
In the meantime, just thought I'd share!

No comments:

Post a Comment