Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Boo-tiful!



Yes, I know... I admit it, that title is rather... lame. But, since I'm talking about halloween decor, it's rather apropos, right? (In an admittedly lame way.) Anyway, I love- love- love to decorate our house for the holidays! Generally, we go with "merry not scary" this time of year, but we do have our fair share of ghosts, skeletons and sticky cotton cobwebs. We aren't out to win any contests. The festive pieces we display are all in the name of silly, and sometimes sentimental, Halloween fun. 
Our haunted house airblown carousel is Eloise's favorite thing!




The Hallmark singing tree stump is another favored choice. It lights up and sings a seasonal ditty to the tune of The Addams Family theme song. What could possibly be better than that you may ask? I'll tell you...The beloved toilet paper roll wrapped in orange fabric that Eloise made in preschool at age 3. It's the clear winner.




Out and about, I saw these fun items below in Marshalls yesterday. I really love the glittery purple, silver and black pumpkins! They'd be great displayed in a bowl or apothecary jar. In fact, if they're still around during the post Halloween clearance, they'll have a happy little home here at my house. And I find the little skeleton man so delightfully Tim Burton-esque. Merry, not scary.




Whatever you choose to do, or not do for that matter, to your home this Halloween, please just have FUN. It's one of those times you can let your creativity and imagination run absolutely wild . There is no wrong answer. It's all...
boo-tiful.

2 comments: