Sunday, June 12, 2011

Simply, Sunday...

I think you'll see a lot of posts in the future about simplicity...
Of course, that's not to say that I don't enjoy fancy. On the contrary. You can take the girl out of the "fancy", but you can't take the fancy out of the girl. Nope.
For a variety of reasons, I just downgraded my cell phone from smartphone to a more "basic" one. One that actually has buttons...that you actually press to dial. Imagine that... My smartphone had given me problems for a long time. The touch screen was, well, touchy. And, among other things, it would freeze up when I tried to dial a number or answer a call. (What's the point of a phone you can't actually answer?) Also, it was $50.00 more a month than the one I just switched to.
It's only been a couple of days, but I find this simpler change refreshing. I have charged the battery only once as opposed to multiple times daily with the other phone. I've spent some time tweaking it: making the fonts more chandelierious, changing the wallpapers to suit me, choosing the rock guitar ring tone because that's how I roll...
 It's fun. So far, I don't really miss the internet access. I can still upload photos and status updates to Facebook. (You know, priorities...)
Sure, once the novelty of the new toy wears off, I might be jonesing for the old bells and whistles. I admit I can be a bit of a computer junkie. I would argue that anyone who writes a blog is a bit of one. Mind you, there is a huge difference between a computer junkie and a computer geek. Those are two completely different animals. The difference being, I have very little idea what I am doing, but, I like it here.
For now, simple is good. It's good for me.


           "Say hello to my little friend..." 

2 comments:

  1. Simple can be good--you know, I never use the phone part of my cellphone. I literally use under 20 minutes a month. I have a smartphone from Virgin Mobile. I pay $25 per month for unlimited internet and text and 300 minutes of talk. It's a great plan if you don't talk much on the cell (since Tom works for the phone co., we get free phone service at home).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice...
    I am not bothering with a landline now, so I had to take that into consideration. I looked into the Virgin Mobile thing, but with this as my only phone and almost everyone I know being Verizon, this way made the most sense.

    ReplyDelete