Ok, I admit it. I am stealing this right from the page of a magazine. Better Homes and Gardens, in fact. See?
Torn right out.
It looks too delicious not to steal and share. Combining fresh fruit, ice and some Southern Comfort, it sounds refreshing!
Grilled Peach Frappe'
2 fresh peaches, halved
2 oz. Southern Comfort
2 tsp. raw sugar
2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 cup ice
More peaches to slice and garnish
1. Grill peach halves on the rack of an uncovered grill for 8-10 minutes until tender or lightly browned.
2. Remove from heat, cool and peel.
3. Blend peaches and remaining ingredients, except ice, on high for about 20 seconds.
4. Add ice and blend until smooth.
5. Serve in a chilled glass, topping each glass with a slice of fresh peach garnish
Makes 4 cocktails.
Wouldn't this be a delicious alternative to a Bellini or Mimosa at a brunch? Yummmm.....