Thursday, November 17, 2011

Eloise At The Plaza

When you name your daughter Eloise, it is sort of like breaking some unspoken, unwritten law NOT to provide her with the collection of "Eloise" books, by Kay Thompson:




or...
The Eloise dolls by Madame Alexander:



(Even awesome designer Betsey Johnson has a thing for Eloise!)

or...
Once she is old enough to truly appreciate the experience, take her to Manhattan, to The Plaza, to dine at the Palm Court and shop in the Eloise Store. 
My Eloise and I have done this a few times...
We just returned from a little weekend getaway where we, once again, got our "Eloise at the Plaza" on.  Here are some snippets from our little field trip to The Plaza.
Lunch in The Palm Court...




The Eloise Store and adorable trinkets:








Yes, I want everything. And no, I didn't buy it all. But, we did come home a purple tulle head band that looks like a cupcake sitting atop my daughter's head.




Let's wrap this up Liberace style with a real life Eloise playing "piano" in the store's perfectly over the top,  pink drenched theater.



I could so live there....









1 comment: