Tuesday, January 31, 2012

1,000 (Or, umm, 500) Words on the Audrey Chair...

Recently, I was jokingly challenged by a friend when I posted a picture of an Audrey Hepburn Chair and simply said "Sometimes a picture speaks a thousand chandelierious words."
Well, said friend triggered a little competition in me and I decided to attempt the thousand words! What you are about to read isn't the usual Chandelierious post. It's silly. Purely for fun. Unedited. Stream of consciousness style. And? Will be filled to the brim with the word "awesome." So, here goes nothing... Bear with me...






The Audrey Chair is awesome. And, very sadly, no longer available.  I looked high and low. I Googled it, I Yahoo'd it, I eBay'd and I Craigslist'd it. It was in production two years ago by a company who also happened to do a line of Marilyn Monroe chairs. It was about $300 and only available through a few rather elite furniture websites. Sigh.
But, that doesn't make it less awesome. No. No, in fact, I will still try to explain its awesomeness and then even offer an alternative to this no longer available piece of greatness. 
The Audrey chair is awesome, not only because it's neutral and will match each and every other color in the realm of home decor.... But, awesome because it's a classic French/Louis design that will be flawless in both an eclectic, modern home or a shabby chic cottage. Awesome because it has the gorgeous face of Audrey Hepburn the movie legend, the fashion icon, the world renown humanitarian printed onto it. Awesome because it showcases her most famous movie character Holly Golightly from the film "Breakfast at Tiffany's." Awesome because it would be perfect as a desk chair, or a hallway chair, or a bedroom chair, or a dining chair, or a living room accent chair. Awesome because the chair simply rocks. It's chic,  it's classic, it's grand, it's modern, it's traditional, it's simple, it's ornate, it's white, it's black, it's fabric, it's wood, it's quirky, it's sassy, it's spunky, it's fresh, it's different, it's new, it's shiny, it's matte, it's inspired, it's inspiring, it's gamine, it's modest, it's innocent, it's bold, it's charming, it's regal, it's enchanting, it's whimsical, it's graphic, it's sophisticated, it's elegant, it's, well, chandelierious.
It's, as I mentioned, no longer available. BUT, here is my idea.... thrift store chair. 
And paint. OR, a vinyl sticker. You know, like the one I have on my dining room wall. In fact, now I'm itching to find an old chair with amazing bones, re-cover this idea of a chair in something ridiculous (the good ridiculous!) like white patent leather, and yes, you got it! Attach a vinyl sticker to it. Light bulb!!! Possible new project on the horizon...
Ok, so, here's the thing about me and the blog: it's honest. It's me. It's a work in progress. And today? It's rather unedited and completely free flowing. Therefore, I admit that this does not add up to 1,000 words. It's more like 500. I may have failed the challenge...
But, 500 words about a chair with Audrey Hepburn's beautiful mug on it is- wait for it- pretty awesome. I'm okay with the 500.

No comments:

Post a Comment