Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday: I Believe in Mulch

I believe in mulch.
It's true.
What a difference a little mulch makes.
It's the frosting on the cake before the sprinkles and decorations.
It protects the roots of the plant and helps maintain the proper moisture levels.
I like it all:
Cedar mulch smells awesome and helps keep bugs away...
Black mulch (my favorite) makes colors truly POP. Especially shades of green...
Recycled tire mulch lasts season upon season...


I was so excited when I saw the landscaping trucks pull up this morning.
It inspired me to fill my patio planters with flowers! (Which, by the way, I topped off with a layer of mulch, as well.)
And I anxiously await the Black-Eyed Susans and Mums that I planted last summer to blossom!


And, now I sit typing this little post on a little porch that now feels like my little slice of heaven. 














No comments:

Post a Comment