Saturday, December 1, 2012

Thrifty & Fabulous: Nailed it!

Here I am! 
Again I will say, it's been awhile.
Hi!
Much has changed since my last post. I have indeed graduated from cosmetology school and begun work at a beautiful Spa (more on that sometime soon). I have also become an Aunt once again with the arrival of my nephew Judson, born on Eloise's birthday!
Life is good. Very, very good.
But, this post isn't about that. This particular post is supposed to be thrifty. And, fabulous!
Now that I am immersed into daily life as a nail technician, I thought something in that field might be apropos. Part of doing nails is, of course, nail art. In fact, that's one of my favorite things about this profession: getting to play and create mini "works of art".
Here are a some recent little projects...



One of the tools used to create the dots and small shapes above is a dotter. 
This is the set I have. They come in several sizes.



These aren't expensive. You can buy a 4 piece set online for less than $10.00. The thing is, you don't have to! You can create a your own dotting tool from items you already have at home.
A pencil with a pin stuck into the eraser will do the trick.



As will a toothpick.



The rounded end of a small paint brush...

Or, bobbypins!




Best yet, use all of these options to create different sizes. Can't get much more thrifty than free. And, nail art is rather fabulous if I do say so myself. (And, I do!)

Have fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment