Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Va Va Vinyl....

Who knew that vinyl records could be so utterly chandelierious, raise your hand?
Until about two months ago when I started a part time gig at my friends store
Leone's Collectibles I didn't have a clue.
I remember loving records as a kid. It's simple. They're cool.
The ones I consider uber cool, chandelieriously divine are the oldies. The cover art on these vinyls from the 50's and 60's are fantastic. Take a gander at some of these gems I've come across at the store:





(Kay Starr...look at those fierce bangs and fur stole... You go, Kate!)




How fashion fabulous are these covers?! They are worthy of being framed.



This one right above? This one, Whipped Cream and Other Delights holds a very special place in my heart. We listened to his one, specifically Love Potion No. 9, over and over and over again. I just introduced Ellie to it the other night and she loved it, too.







Maybe it's me, but these covers trump todays any day. With the exception of Whipped Cream, I have no idea what the music is like. But, that's not the point. I'll dedicate a post to great music another day. Today is simply about va-va-voom, fabulous vinyl covers.
Happy Wednesday....

No comments:

Post a Comment