Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pillows. Period.

I went pillow shopping. And? It was gooooood.
As you know if you read this little blog, I recently purchased a vintage (and fabulous) sofa and chair. Part of the fun of buying such things is deciding how to accessorize them, right? Right.
The sofa, as you may recall, is an off white, sort of nubby fabric.  It's in great condition and is neutral enough to go with a variety of other colors and textures. 
The chair, which will be reupholstered in a bold black and ivory houndstooth, will also compliment a lot of other options.
To start with (because, of course, there will be changes as the mood strikes) I am going with basic black, ivory, shades of gray and bright, happy YELLOW. Here is what I have so far:


All from Marshalls and T.J. Maxx. (why yes, those are fur pom poms on pillow #1 and edgy, yet classy, zippers on pillow #2.)
And here's what I am carefully considering for pillows #4-?:






Room Service Retro Mod Collection Mod Face Pillow, 18-inch x 18-inch, Yellow/Black


Mod. Happy. Current. Pretty.
The top three are from DwellStudio at Target.com and reverse to either the same print in the opposite color combination, or in the leaf-y one's case, a black and white stripe. The bottom pillow is available through Be Chandelierious, as a matter of fact. I just might have to bring them all home to test them out appropriately, right? 
Yes. I thought so, too.
I mean, who knows? They might all look, well...
Not. Good.
Leaving me with my next option...
Hot pink (well, naturally).


No comments:

Post a Comment