Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tips-y Tuesday

I love coffee.
Like, I LOVE coffee. 
In, oh gosh, the last 25 years or so I have had only one brief period of time in which coffee and I weren't bffs: while I was pregnant with Eloise.
It's not so much about the caffeine as it is the comfort I find in the act of drinking the hot yumminess. I love the flavor. I love the almost romantic, peaceful nature of waking up to the aroma, being cozy in my robe, pairing coffee with the newspaper, or Facebook, or Pinterest...  
Starting my day that way.
Anyway, my point is, I used to be a coffee snob.
I still sort of am. I love good coffee. And, once upon a time I didn't really bat an eyelash at spending $10.00 a pound on good coffee. I still allow myself the splurge occasionally. But, being the practical, thriftily savvy lady I am, I try to find good alternatives. Better than good alternatives.
And, if you like some serious, straight up, dark, rich coffee, that is not expensive, I have a tip for you.
Buy this:




Folgers Black Silk.
Yum.
And, as claimed, it is "bold, yet smooth." 
Locally, at Wegmans, a 10.3 oz container is about $3.50. 
You can also buy the mac-daddy 27.8 oz size for $9.99.
So, that's all for today! Like dark coffee? Try this. 
I swear by it.
Have a terrific Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment